HOW TO ATTRACT BIRDS TO YOUR GARDEN
Attracting birds into your garden has never been easier. Maybe you are looking to just simply hang up a coconut or a whole range of bird feeders, to encourage them into your garden, look no further, here at Aarons Pets we have something to cater for everyone.
Whether you live in a flat, have a small garden or a large lawn overlooking fields, there`s no doubt your would have seen the odd bird and encouraging them into your garden is simple and easy to do.......
If you require any further advice on what feeder to use or which seed to feed the Wild Birds, please ask a member of the Aarons Pets Team, that will be happy to help with any questions you may have.
WHAT CAN YOU FEED BIRDS?
Wild Birds are often attracted to various types of seeds, including:
* Mixed Wild Bird Seeds perfect for general all year round feeding
* Sunflower Hearts Highly nutritious and digestible
* Suet or Fat Balls - perfect for winter to provide birds with the extra calories they need in the colder months
* Peanuts or Peanut Nibs - avoid salted peanuts and always place them in a feeder, as whole nuts are a choking hazard!
* Suet Pellets - Perfect for feeding all your round as highly digestible - great for the summer months when feeding their young and perfect for the winter for containing those extra calories
CHOOSING A FEEDER
One of the easiest ways to encourage birds into the garden is by hanging up a feeder or by using a Bird Table.
When choosing your feeder it is important to consider other interested creatures that may try to gain a nibble or two of the seeds designated for the birds, such as squirrels and mice
Here at Aarons Pets we have a great range of feeders in all sorts of sizes and styles - choose from:
* Peanut Feeders
* Seed Feeders
* Fat Cake Feeders
* Niger Feeders
* Mealworm Feeders
* Squirrel Proof Feeders
* Suet Pellet Feeders
* Suet Log Feeders
PUTTING UP A BIRD BOX
Putting up a Bird Nesting Box to provide a safe and snug place for birds to nest.
Here at Aarons Pets we have a range of Nesting Boxes that will help attract a variety of wild birds to your garden.
Open Front Nest Boxes for Robins & Wrens need to be place low below 2M and well hidden in vegetation
Nest Boxes for Tits & Sparrows need to be place 2-4M up a tree or a wall and place the box facing between north and east, so that it will avoid strong sunlight and the wettest winds